1. The Palms Cliff House Inn - situated on a 3.5 acre private ocean front estate, the Inn has become known state wide for it’s romantic atmosphere and a feel that evokes old Hawaii. Luxury accommodations at value packed pricing ensure a memorable stay.
2. Akaka Falls State Park - This is a pleasant self-guided walk through lush tropical vegetation to scenic vista points overlooking the cascading Kahuna Falls and the free-falling 'Akaka Falls, which plunges 442 feet into a stream-eroded gorge.
3. Honomu Town - A sugar camp town dating back to the 1800’s, Honomu town is still the epitome of hte small Hawaii town. historic store fronts line the avenue through town where you can gaze at antiques and aloha shirts. Locals and visitors alike gather at Mr. Ed’s Bakery for coffee and pastries and to talk story. The town has much to offer the person willing to take a few moments to travel back in time along it’s boardwalk.
4. Hakalau Beach Park - Recently renovated, this beach park is a tiny tucked away little gem that is not to be missed. During the day you can cool off with a swim in the river that flows into the ocean and enjoy a picnic lunch at one of the tables under the coconut palms. Ruins of the old sugar mill are still onsite a worth exploring. There is a walk/hike at the back of the park that takes you up old stone steps to a spectacular view of the bay. In the late afternoon/evening you can talk story with the local crowd as they gather around to share stories and local memories.
5. The Woodshop Gallery - The place in town to go for a great burger, the Woodshop Gallery also showcases the work of local island artists. everything from art to jewelry to fine woodworking can be found.